Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taking a Break


I had hoped to write more often once we got settled into our home here in WA, but that just hasn't been the case. I have been busy, but also just haven't wanted to write. When I did get the urge to write, lack of internet while in TLF on base, or our laptop breaking, have prevented me from writing.

We are all doing okay. It's been rough since we moved. Often I think of all of my friends. Thank you for understanding when I do not call, return a call, or pick up the phone. On many occasions (especially lately), I do not want to talk. But please don't give up. One day I will find the new me, and find happiness and complete joy. Right now just isn't that time. Recently I joined a GriefShare group at my new church here in WA. In that group I've learned that the grief journey, especially in the loss of a child, takes years, not months, to fully grieve and recover. We as a family have a lot of healing and resting in Him before we can find our complete "new normal." Birthdays and Holidays are upon us starting in two weeks. Please be in prayer for us, because this will be a difficult season indeed. I thank you so much for continuing to pray for us.

The cute picture at the top was taken about a year ago by my dear friend Andrea Gray. Often times, we would swap watching each others kiddos so we could have a date night with our husbands. Note the brownie smudge on Evan's cheek, the brotherly hug they shared, and their love for one another. :o) PRICELESS

5 comments:

Aurie Jenkins said...

shannon it breaks my heart everytime I think about you and the loss of your precious son. You are an amazing women who is full of the spirit of the lord. I keep thinking that the precious spirits he intrusts us with are his children that he has given to us to care for and help them return to him. I know you did you are a wonderful mother who insured that her son was able to return to his father. Tears fill my eyes as I think about all you must be going through. know you are loved and in my prayers and thoughts.

Melinda Hill said...

I'm so glad you posted! We don't know what you are really going thru but we are all still thinking and praying for you guys!

And know that there are many people the knew Ethan that are still mourning his loss along with you. He touched so many lives!

Yesterday the song "I can only imagine" came on the radio while I was driving and I had to pull over. The words "Will I dance for you Jesus or in Awe of you be still" Made me immediately picture Ethan dancing with Jesus. Oh how I look forward to the day when we can all Dance with With Jesus and sweet Ethan!

Love you guys and are thinking and praying for you every day!

Sobe said...

I'm so sorry Shannon. My grandmother lost a child, albeit an adult one but he was still young, in his 30s, and you never get over it. Sure you go on with your life and have wonderful things happen but that loss is always with you. There's nothing harder. I don't know how you do it. I'm glad you found a nice new support group.

USAF-Jenn said...

I think about your family often, and believe it or not, your words give me strength. I wish I could give you some words that could help you better, because I know that only you and you alone knows exactly what you are feeling. There is one gift in life that our Lord gave us that I am forever grateful for, and that is the gift of memories. Memories and happy moments remind me of my father each and every single day. I lost my father at a young age, and words of encouragement is all I had to get me through the day. I often go back in time and relive those memories, such as;when my father taught me how to swim... he was so proud of me, and that look on his face filled my heart with joy. I just know the love your son had for you, and the love you had for him will often come back to you and ease your heart with joy. I do believe we were put here on earth to help each other through life's hardest moments, and I hope that friends and family can only continue to inspire you each and every single day.

Thoughts and prayers are always with you each passing day.

Shannon Wallace said...

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts for our family. :o)