Saturday, January 8, 2011

For His Glory

I am convinced that all of life's happenings--good, bad, happy, sad, tragic, miraculous, etc.--are for His glory.  I do not, however, think that God wills a child to die unexpectedly.  It all goes back to the Garden of Eden, where Eve sinned and fell short of the glory of God.  Ever since then, we've carried that sin and have lived in a fallen world...but, Jesus saved us and gave us a way to live forever with Him.  It's because of this fallen world that tragedies, diseases, and a multitude of other events in life occur.  The part where I believe that God comes into play is that He either intervenes in a way we can see (a miracle, saving someone, curing someone, ), or He is silent and doesn't intervene.  And yet still, I believe if He doesn't provide the miracle or outcome we think is correct, if we will be still and listen to Him and wait, we will see that in the end it is for His glory, NOT ours.  However, in the end, it all ends beautifully.  What could be more glorious and wonderful than living in heaven? 

In writing this, I hope that my family and I can continue to see ( and we have seen His glory in the past few months)  HIS glory be done through Ethan's memory and precious life.  It's not easy, but it can be done if we will stop and be still.

Be still, and know that I am God;



I will be exalted among the nations,


I will be exalted in the earth!  Psalm 46:10

No comments: