Saturday, February 11, 2012

Who Are You Trying to Impress?

Have you ever gone on a cleaning spree a few hours or a day before expecting guests at your home?  Come on, you know that you have!  Haven't we all?  Today while folding laundry in our bedroom, God laid on my heart that He is most important.  What He thinks matters most.  But who are we always trying to impress or make think that we are tidy housekeepers?  Is it our friends, or is it the most important One named Jesus? 

You see, in Proverbs chapter 31 there is a beautiful "instruction booklet" from our Heavenly Father that very specifically instructs us on how to maintain our homes and families.  When we follow His instructions, are homes are not cluttered, we aren't eating the bread of idleness, we aren't anxious and unorganized--THAT is the way He intended it to be!  Not hurried nor worried not getting ourselves into a gossip session with our neighbor or friend, but instead, settled and peaceful.  We are to be peaceful keepers of our home.  When there is peace within us as mommas, we then give our husbands and children a better chance of peace within our home as well. 

But back to my earlier revelation from God.  Imprint this on your mind:  Am I trying to impress God or man?  Are we cleaning our house hurriedly to impress a friend that comes calling, or are we being keepers of our home because God commands that to us in His Holy Word?  Think that over.  Really take time to digest it.  I will be here digesting it alongside with you all!  My heartfelt prayer is that you will choose Him first.  My prayer also is that I can be an encourager to all of my sisters-in-Christ. 

If you don't know Jesus but want to, I am here.  Feel free to drop me a line or two and I'd love to fill you in on the greatest gift on earth!

She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.  Her children arise up, and called her blessed;  her husband also, and he praiseth her.  Proverbs 31:27-28 (KJV)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Shannon!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...so nice to "meet" you. Just wanted to let you know I responded to your questions in the comments on my Harold post. I wrote it all out there instead of here in case there are others who were interested in answers to your questions too.
I hope you find it helpful, and btw, I love your blog!
Blessings on your journey,
Shannon

Mm said...

I love this post it is exactly what I learned years ago to teach my children when I read a book Apples of gold by a lady from Michigan
(my state) I often tell the kids "god is watching you even when no one else is. You know he can see rather your house is clean or not all the time. So If God stopped by for coffee would your house be clean? Well he is here now and he can see it so clean it for him. All things are created by earth in one way or another which was created by him. They are his not yours so take care of them." I ended up on your blog because of a post in the cpt worldwide drawing about your loss and I wanted to say I am sorry for your loss and glad that you have god with you to get you through.