Sunday, February 5, 2012

20 Months

It's absolutely hard to believe that 20 months have gone by since we last saw our precious Ethan.  It seems like yesterday, and yet it seems like forever ago since we heard his voice and saw his innocent smile. 

Life goes on, but not a day goes by that Ethan's name is mentioned fondly, whether I accidentally call Evan by his brother's name (which, by the way, Evan adores!), Evan talks about his brother, or Josh recalls a memory of our dear son.  We have purposed to never forget him, we still love him, and we still count him as a part of our family.  It doesn't matter if he is with Jesus, he is still our son;  a vital part of who we were, and who we are now as a family. 

Thank you Jesus for our son whom we miss dearly.  Hold us near when we feel faint and weary.  We thank You for the strength to continue, and pray You will send mommies and daddies our way that need us.  AMEN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for grace as you continue on this painful journey.

Shannon said...

Shannon,
I am so sorry for your loss. I pray you will feel our Father's loving arms around you each day, as I'm sure you already have these past 20 months. I'm sure God has already used you tremendously to minister to other parents who are walking that unthinkable road.

Unknown said...

Shannon Hi I found your blog from walking with you I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. I read your post on fear and housekeeping excellent wisdom! Thank you.