Sunday, November 4, 2012

His Hands and Feet

Oftentimes in this life, we are called by God to do something completely out of our comfort zone.  This is where I am right now.  In just a few days, I will be doing something way out of my comfort zone.  Thoughts of fear paralyze me at times, and my heart starts to beat very fast.  

But today, I really grasped onto what the pastor had to say at church...and I started to feel at peace.  Oh yes, I have a long way to go to feel peace that surpasses understanding, because I am stubborn!

We are called to be His (Jesus') hands and feet.  Literally meaning, that we are a loving extension of who He was while He lived on earth.  That is the very essence of being a Christian.

And so, while I am completely uncomfortable with the adventure on which I am about to embark upon, I know that He is my protector.  That only He can bring me peace.  And I know that I am called to do what I will be doing.  Therefore, I must lay aside my fears and think of the mission, so to speak, that I will be going on.  Just like the flowers of the field that do not worry, I too can trust my Father to care for me!

More details about this later next week!  And hopefully, many photos and stories too!

 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

[Shannon1]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as always, Shannon.

Pamela said...

God never asks us to "do" without placing the tools in our hands. Eager to hear of your adventure and know with God you will see results for the kingdom!