Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Compassion

Something I was thinking about this morning is the lack of compassion in our society.  I even see it in little children, and I have to wonder what is this world coming to?  It starts with us, as the parent, to model this and other good character qualities.  We as parents will reap what we sow.  We cannot sit there and do immoral things and participate in immoral things of this world and expect our children to not follow our lead.  And even if our behavior isn't immoral (just lacking character), we still must model what we want.  If we want a kind, compassionate child who loves other, we ourselves must first be the example and show that towards others.  Simple...yet hard to follow through.  We can only achieve this with the Father's help.  It cannot be done alone.  Trust me on this one!

Even as I have seen,Those who plow iniquity And sow trouble reap the same.  Job 4:8

Just something that's been on my heart lately--compassion.  An emotion  and gesture that could help someone who is in the pit, literally, with sadness.  What is the matter with people?  We must wake up out of our selfishness and show love towards others!

We as Christians need to pray for those who hurt us and let us down.  That's something I struggle with, and I need to work on. 

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you...  Matthew 5:42-44

Observe a child for a while.  They are quick to forgive and and show love (most of the time).  Why is it the older we get, the greedier we get?  Observe a child and act as he or she...the Lord commands it!

No comments: