Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Realization

(A very late post.  Was originally written 9-10-11, but I forgot to publish it)

Today Josh, Evan and I took a family outting to McAllister Park here in San Antonio to bike the trails.  We ended up doing a little over 7 miles, which to my amazement, is a lot for a 5 year old!  The whole bike ride, I kept looking at Evan and thinking how cute he is, and how full of energy and strength and endurance he is for just a little guy.  Which brought me back to when he was a wee little one.  You see, Evan was very challenging from about 6 months of age, on.  Ethan was a very easy baby, in comparison!  Here is an example:  With Ethan, we never child-proofed or safety locked anything in the house because he stayed out of everything.  Not the case with Mr. Evan, no sir!  We had to lock down the house like Ft. Knox, and even so, Evan was sometimes one step ahead of me!  But anyway, with easy going Ethan being my first baby and parenting experience, I just thought all babies were the same--WRONG!!! :o)  There were many times I would ask God why did you give me such a busy baby?  Lord, this is hard work!  EVAN!!!!!!  Stop that right now!!!!!  :o)

Of course, Evan is much easier now that he's a mature little guy.  But today I saw the blessing God gave to Josh and I in a very different light.  God knew that we would need our little busy body to keep us busy once Ethan was gone.  God knew what he was doing when he gave us an energetic bundle of energy!  I am thankful and blessed to have such an outgoing, interactive, energetic, talkative (who is also kind, sweet, Godly in character...could go on and on). 

On a side note, Lord I am so sorry for all of the times I complained about Evan's energy! :o)

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is a beautiful thing when we can see how God works in our lives.
It may not be the way we want it to be but He does have a plan.

Shannon Wallace said...

Yes He does, Debby! :)